WHS CONTRACTOR MANAGEMENT
This comprehensive course is ideally suited to managers and supervisors responsible for managing the WHS requirements associated with projects involving contractors and sub-contractors. Facilitated by a specialist WHS trainer.
- WHS Legislation Overview
- Duty Holders and Responsibilities of Key Parties?
- Systematic Management of WHS
- Due Diligence & Reasonably Practicable
- Role of the Regulator & Penalty Offences
- Hazard Identification
- Risk Assessment (Activity)
- Alternate Risk Matrix Tools
- Time-frames for action
- Hierarchy of Control
- Company’s Hazard/Risk Register
- WHS Programs
- Emergency Preparedness
- Consultation, Cooperation and Coordination (Activity)
- Consultation Arrangements (Activities with Code of Practice)
- Consultation with Contractors for Projects and Onsite
- Role of HSRs and HSCs
- Effective Consultation (Video and Checklist Activity)
- Site Induction Requirements (Activity to review Company Contractor Induction Checklist)
- Training and Supervision (Training Needs Analysis Activity)
- What is Construction & High Risk Construction Work?
- Principal Contractor Duties
- Multiple Prosecution Case Study Contractors/Sub Contractors
- Contractor Management & Setting Measurable Standards
- Reviewing Safety Management System Documentation
- WHS Management Plans & Site Specific Procedures
- SWMS (Activity to Review Contractor SWMS)
- WHS Issue Resolution (Activity)
- Managing Risks for Plant, Structures and Hazardous Substances (Activity)
- Managing Excavation Work Code of Practice Review
- Electrical Practices on Construction and Demolition Sites Fact-sheet and Safety Alert Review
- Managing the Risk of Falls Code of Practice and Fact-sheet Review (Video)
- Safety on or Near Public Roads Review
- Tim’s Story (Video)
- Workplace/Site Inspections – Checklists
- Injuries and Incidents
- Review of Workplace Statistics
- Prosecution Case Study Company v Tenant (or similar)
- Effective Consultation
- Incident Investigation Process
- Theories of the Causes of Incidents
- Ishikawa Root Cause Analysis
- Incident Investigation Case Study (Activity)
- Company Incident Report Form (Activity)
- Company Incident Investigation Form (Activity)
- Hot Works Fatality Case
- Notifiable Incidents
- Tool Box Talk Presentations (Activity)
Training is delivered face to face.
Course fee includes course materials, refreshments, morning tea and lunch each day. Free off street parking is available.
Please call for an obligation free quote (GST free) to have this training run at your workplace. This course can be customised to incorporate your specific WHS documentation and issues/scenarios to enhance relevance for learners.
Award and Recognition
Successful participants will be awarded with a Statement of Attendance.