HLTAID010 PROVIDE BASIC EMERGENCY LIFE SUPPORT
The HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support course is nationally recognised and accepted by NSW Department of Education & Training (DET). It covers the skills and knowledge required to recognise and respond to life threatening emergencies using basic life support measures only and includes CPR.
* Training and Assessment delivered on behalf of HealthCorp – RTO 91222
HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support
- Awareness of stress management techniques and available support
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- Chain of survival
- Duty of care requirements
- First aid procedures including airway management and severe allergic reaction and administration of an auto injector
- How to access emergency response support services/personnel
- Need to be culturally aware, sensitive and respectful
- Own skills and limitations
- Privacy and confidentiality requirements
- Relevant workplace hazards
- Understanding of the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED), including when to use and when not to
- Assess vital signs and response of casualty
- Call an ambulance and/or medical assistance
- Demonstrate first aid casualty management principles
- Demonstrate consideration of the welfare of the casualty; control of external bleeding; correct procedures for CPR; standard precautions; safe manual handling of casualty
- Identify and minimise hazards to health and safety of self and others
Training is delivered face to face including both theory and practical components including CPR, administration of auto injectors such as EpiPens and AnaPens, choking treatments, use of defibrillator and bandaging.
Participants may be required to complete pre-course work online for this course. You will receive an email “invitation” following your registration which will provide you with details on how to enrol through our partner site.
- Participants MUST provide a USI number to the trainer on the day of training. Failure to provide this will mean that certification on completion of the course cannot be issued
- Current Driver’s Licence or Photo ID required for all participants as Evidence of Identity.
- If you are re-certifying, you must bring evidence of your previous Certification such as your wallet size card or original certificate. This must be presented to your trainer on the day. For re-certification, your qualification cannot be expired. Proof of currency is always required to be submitted (allowance for ‘just expired’ may be made depending on the trainer).
Award and Recognition
Successful participants will be awarded the following National Unit of Competency:
- HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support
Participants will be issued with an electronic certificate.
If participants wish to have an issue of paper certificates and/or wallet cards this may be at an additional cost and also attracts a postage and handling fee.
When enrolling in a Nationally Recognised training course you will need to obtain and provide your Unique Student Identifier (USI) Number. Certificates cannot be issued until the USI number has been provided.