HLTAID009 PROVIDE CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION
HLTAID009 supersedes HLTAID001. Previously also known as Perform CPR (HLTCPR211A), is designed to teach Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) in accordance with the Australian Resuscitation Guidelines and assess that the attendee has sufficient confidence to know when and how CPR should be applied.
* Training and Assessment delivered on behalf of HealthCorp – RTO 91222
HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Public Course Dates
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Methods for determining the need for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Technique for applying CPR
- Defibrillation Demonstration
- Practical Assessment
Participants will be required to demonstrate the following techniques:
- checking for response and normal breathing
- recognising abnormal breathing
- opening and clearing the airway
- using correct hand location, compression depth rate in line with the ARC recommended ratio of compressions and ventilations
- acting in the event of regurgitation or vomiting
- following single rescuer procedure, including the demonstration of a rotation of operators with minimal interruptions to compressions
- following prompts of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
Course Fees and Payment
Course fee is $120 which includes course materials and refreshments. Payment Terms, Cancellation and Refund Policy – please refer to our Terms and Conditions on registration.
Training is delivered face to face incorporating theory and practical activities and assessments.
Participants may be required to complete pre-course work online for this course. You will receive an email “invitation” following your registration which will provide you with details on how to enrol through our partner site.
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
- Participants MUST provide a USI number to the trainer on the day of training. Failure to provide this will mean that certification on completion of the course cannot be issued
- Current Driver’s Licence or Photo ID required for all participants as Evidence of Identity
- If you are re-certifying, you must bring evidence of your previous Certification such as your wallet size card or original certificate. This must be presented to your trainer on the day. For re-certification, your qualification cannot be expired. Proof of currency is always required to be submitted (allowance for ‘just expired’ may be made depending on the trainer).
Award and Recognition
Successful participants will be awarded the following National Unit of Competency
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Participants will be issued with an electronic certificate.If participants wish to have an issue of paper certificates and/or wallet cards this may be at an additional cost and also attracts a postage and handling fee.
The Australian Resuscitation Council recommends that CPR is renewed every 12 months in line with the First Aid Code of Conduct. Furthermore industry or employer requirements may stipulate re-certification time frames.
When enrolling in a Nationally Recognised training course you will need to obtain and provide your Unique Student Identifier (USI) Number. Certificates cannot be issued until the USI number