CONFINED SPACE RESCUE
The Confined Space Rescue Course is based on the procedures to be followed in the event of a Confined Space Incident. It is tailored to provide the skills necessary to safely retrieve workers from a confined space. This course is developed and delivered by experienced rescue instructors with practical rescue experience within the Emergency Services. It is a hands on course with over 70% of the time spent practicing rescue scenarios.
- Legislation and the requirements for rescue
- Accessing a casualty in a confined space
- Communication during Confined Space Emergencies
- Developing emergency procedures
- Developing rescue procedures
- Confined space rescue equipment
- Initiating emergency procedures
- Responding to a rescue incident
- The Dynamic Risk Assessment
- Packaging a casualty in a stretcher
- Vertical and horizontal extrication of a casualty
Course fee includes course materials and refreshments only. Free off street parking is available.
Training is delivered face to face including both theory and practical components with over 70% of the course requiring the practical application of skills.
Award and Recognition
Successful participants will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance.
Prerequisites for this course are:
- RIIWHS202D Enter & Work in Confined Spaces or an equivalent course in Confined Space Entry.
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid or an equivalent first aid course completed within the last three years.
A reasonable level of fitness is require to participate in this training. All participants are required to wear long pants, a long sleeved shirt and sturdy footwear. In case of wet weather, please also bring along wet weather clothing. Current driver’s licence or photo ID is required.